Things to do in Edinburgh
Sightseeing and photography experiences
Tours adventures & activities, documenting my photography adventures and activities in Edinburgh. Tours are available and are a great way to plan a photo trip, I do take advantage of these trips on occasion, especially the bus tours, however, I usually just improvise whilst on-foot, there’s plenty to see & do on Shanks’s Pony. From the many sightseeing and exploring opportunities to indulge in over the years I’ve managed to accumulate a bit of a photo collection. I’m delighted to share a selection of my favourites in this to do (done) gallery. Some Things Done / Things Still to Do
Visiting Edinburgh, have/haven’t yet experienced.
Sightseeing & Edinburgh photography tours
- Arthur's Seat, for the best view in town.
- Royal Yacht Britannia, for fab views from the cafe out to Leith Harbour.
- Inchcolm Abbey, the Island itself has a lot of history; you can take the boat trip out of South Queensferry, on route it takes you under the Forth road bridge and Rail Bridge and now the site of the new Queensferry crossing.
- Camera Obscura and World of Illusions,
- Urbane Art Gallery, a great discovery in the Old Town which showcases great artists from Scotland and around the world.
- The Scottish Gallery, truly one of the best art galleries in the UK
- Fruitmarket Gallery, the exhibitions tend to be donation based, the art exhibits are always interesting.
- Open Eye Gallery, one of Scotland's leading private art galleries.
- Stills Gallery, thought provoking photography.
There are many ways to photograph both new and old towns, from walking photography tours to open-top bus excursions. Whatever your sightseeing choice is they're sure to bring Edinburgh’s history to life, there is simply no shortage of options for the avid photographer. If it is business or pleasure that brings you to the city, there is plenty to satisfy an itchy shutter release finger. If you've a special interest in architecture and are willing to pack a tripod you'll find that the city warmly nicknamed Auld Reekie contains some of the world's most varied building designs. Go on, take a tour. Great ways to appreciate the city, Edinburgh photography tours are a must. SEND A MESSAGE